Re: Problem with certificates/L2TP VPN

Looks like your are doing the right things, maybe the next test would be to run with IKE auditing switched on.

HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\control\lsa\audit = 1
HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\services\ipsec\enablediagnostics = 7
(restart system)

Since you're not even getting to Quick mode, it's IKE that is most likely mis configured. Are you 100% sure authentication, encryption and key change are the same for both systems?

This may sound silly, but of course you also need to be 100% sure the packets get to where they net to go. You might want to consider running Network Monitor or Wireshark to capture IPSec packets, even though you won't see the content, at least this proves their arrival (if the auditing didn't already)

/ ) Regards,
/ /_________
_|__|__) Paul Weterings
/ (O_)
__/ (O_)
____(O_)

dpetrek wrote:
Yes Paul, I am testing on LAN, without firewalls, just to make initial
sucessfull connection.
EKU on client contains: Client Authentication (1.3.6.1.5.5.7.3.2)
EKU on server contains: Server Authentication(1.3.6.1.5.5.7.3.1)

I know that PPTP is not that "bad", actually it depends on length of
password how secure it
actually is. However, in my opinion my users should have the
alternative to use L2TP if they
want to.

On Mar 22, 11:44 pm, Paul Weterings <Paul-nospam-@syncpuls-dot-com>