Re: Roaming profiles don't load on workstations

Hello,

Service Pack 2 changes many things on the network part.
Ensure that you have the latest drivers directly on broadcom/intel web sites.

You may experience network-related problems after you install Windows Server 2003 SP2 or the Scalable Networking Pack
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936594

You should never install a service pack in a production system without testing before on test environnement....

--
Cordialement,
Mathieu CHATEAU

"sre20" <sre20@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:EFE300AE-F3A9-4573-BD72-FBB90D5E6B61@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am seeing this same behavior on 3-4 of the 10 workstations on my network.
The file name really does exist on the server.

We're running Windows Server 2003 R2. This problem appeared a few days
after we applied Service Pack 2, but I don't know for a fact that it's
related. Our workstations are all running Windows XP Pro SP2.

"Mathieu CHATEAU" wrote:

Hello,

Can you provide example of file name ? Do they really exist on the file
server ?

can you make a chkdsk in read only on the file server's volume ?

--
Cordialement,
Mathieu CHATEAU

"Stitch" <Stitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> We have a problem that is occurring on about 5% of our 250 > workstations.
> Users are suddenly unable to log in and have their roaming profiles > load
> on
> the local computer. Shortly after "Loading Personal Settings" comes up > an
> error message appears (also logged to the Applications event log)
> indicating
> that a file cannot be copied. It is a different file each time a given
> user
> logs in. The message is a Userenv error, ID 1509, Windows cannot copy
> file.
> The description says "Possbile causes of this error include network
> problems
> or insufficient security rights. If this problem persists, contact your
> network administrator. DETAIL - The process cannot access the file > because
> it
> is being used by another process."
>
> I've also enabled verbose logging in userenv.log. The log shows that > the
> profile directory is being created and files are copied successfully > but
> part
> way through the error occurs. The log shows the error "Failed to > rename
> file
> ... to ... with error 32." The profile folder is deleted and a > temporary
> profile is loaded for the user.
>
> It doesn't seem to matter whether a user has successfully logged into > the
> machine and has an existing profile or has no local profile cached on > the
> machine. I have verified the security of all profile files on the > server
> and
> all are correct. It seems to happen to every user that logs on to the
> affected computer.
>
> Any ideas would be helpful.

  • Re: User getting "Account is Locked Out" for 2 days
    ... Then pull the network cable from that system to disconnect ... making this local profile newer than the one on the server. ... out what is going on...i have gone into his account and unchecked ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Problem in XP
    ... profiles from the network server in the domain. ... Windows cannot load the user's profile but has logged you ... The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the ...
  • Re: Same Profile for More than One Network User on Same Machine?
    ... It has been that way with Unix style systems ... simplicity of 98 and the stability of NT server, ... Our purpose for having a network ... one restricted user's profile to another can't work, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • RE: Profiles
    ... I checked my network share and it is enabled for everyone. ... instead of storing these items on the Terminal Server. ... You can enable DeleteRoamingCache and Install the User Profile Hive ...
  • Re: desktop icons disappear
    ... then the laptop create another profile that use ... If you want to have this user be able to see both off the network and on ... Conversation: desktop icons disappear ... Have a client on SBS 2003 Server, ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)