RE: Substitute for Streams Environment

Hello,

Based on my research, Streams Environment can be installed into Windows
2000 Server, later versions of Windows will not support the Streams
environment. If you want to run the Application on Windows Server 2003, you
should upgrade the program.

To add the Streams environment, follow these steps:
1. Open the %SystemRoot% folder in Windows Explorer.
2. On the Tool menu, click Folder Options .
3. Click the View tab.
4. In the Advances Settings box, click Show hidden files and folders.
5. Click OK .
6. Edit the %SystemRoot%\Inf\Netstrm.inf file by using any text editor
(such as Notepad).

In the [ControlFlags] section, place a semicolon (;) at the beginning of
the following line:
ExcludeFromSelect = MS_Streams
In the [Streams.ndi] section, change this line
Characteristics = 0x28 ; NCF_NOT_USER_REMOVABLE | NCF_HIDDEN
to this:
Characteristics = 0x00 ; NCF_USER_REMOVABLE
7. Save and close the Netstrm.inf file.
8. Right-click My Network Places on the desktop, and then click Properties

9. Right-click Local Area Connections , and then click Properties .
10. Click Install .
11. Click Protocol , and then click Add .
12. In the Network Protocol box, click Streams Environment .
13. Click OK .
14. Reboot the computer to complete the installation of the protocol.

Thanks & Regards,

Mike Luo

Microsoft Online Partner Support

  • RE: Windows 98 box is owned
    ... even though I still have to convert my wife and parents over to Linux, ... > longer have support in the future. ... Windows PC's require a lot of overhead to keep ... >>2) Install ZoneAlarm. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: OTish, for those thrifty types who like xp.
    ... Windows 2000 build on all my PCs for everything except testing my ... for which I needed newer browsers that won't install on W2k. ... the firewall, but I haven't been able to update either used on the W2k ... Get your XP fully updated before support ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: IE8 wont install under XP
    ... History section at Windows Update website), you'll be better off opening a free support incident instead. ... And if you can get KB963093 & KB956572 installed, chances are you'll be able to get IE8 installed, too. ... Do NOT mention IE8 failing to install or ask any other questions!! ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: windows update kb927779 always reoffers to install even alread
    ... Suggest you contact MS for no charge support in getting this Security update installed: ... And even download SP2 and install again same.... ... Then I run System File Checker tool on a Windows XP SP2-based computer by Insert the CD XP SP2,also same problem.. ... I don't see how you can repair MDAC without ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: Windows 98 box is owned
    ... Microsoft has indicated that support for the Win9x/ME series of OS's will no ... firewall, if the user tells the firewall to compromise itself; ... I've field tested some Linux distro's with Windows 9x/ME users before and as ... Perhaps it is time to say screw it and install ...
    (Security-Basics)