RE: Substitute for Streams Environment

Hello,

Based on my research, Streams Environment can be installed into Windows
2000 Server, later versions of Windows will not support the Streams
environment. If you want to run the Application on Windows Server 2003, you
should upgrade the program.

To add the Streams environment, follow these steps:
1. Open the %SystemRoot% folder in Windows Explorer.
2. On the Tool menu, click Folder Options .
3. Click the View tab.
4. In the Advances Settings box, click Show hidden files and folders.
5. Click OK .
6. Edit the %SystemRoot%\Inf\Netstrm.inf file by using any text editor
(such as Notepad).

In the [ControlFlags] section, place a semicolon (;) at the beginning of
the following line:
ExcludeFromSelect = MS_Streams
In the [Streams.ndi] section, change this line
Characteristics = 0x28 ; NCF_NOT_USER_REMOVABLE | NCF_HIDDEN
to this:
Characteristics = 0x00 ; NCF_USER_REMOVABLE
7. Save and close the Netstrm.inf file.
8. Right-click My Network Places on the desktop, and then click Properties

9. Right-click Local Area Connections , and then click Properties .
10. Click Install .
11. Click Protocol , and then click Add .
12. In the Network Protocol box, click Streams Environment .
13. Click OK .
14. Reboot the computer to complete the installation of the protocol.

Thanks & Regards,

Mike Luo

Microsoft Online Partner Support