DNS secondary zones - Transfer from Master vs. Reload from Master

Hello,

what is the difference between Transfer from Master and Reload from Master
on a secondary zone? Reload will initiate also a flush of all records before
downloading from master, but transfer will do only donwload from master.

So what is problem with only "transfer" without flushing the secondary zone?
I suppose, when the secondary zone contains some records that are not valid
any more in primary zone, but when this occures exactly?

O.

  • Re: DNS secondary zones - Transfer from Master vs. Reload from Master
    ... MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP ... > what is the difference between Transfer from Master and Reload from Master ... when the secondary zone contains some records that are not ...
  • Re: Keep losing records in secondary zone...
    ... when they are first reloaded from the master. ... So if the secondary zone is read only copy your saying that the ... problem probably traces back to the primary zone? ... with a static ip and properties set to dynamically update? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: rndc reload and BIND9
    ... >unless you are actually splitting the zone files between them. ... >number is updated (upon reload) or when a zone expires. ... >>Instead, of having a master and slave, I am going to have two masters. ...
    (freebsd-isp)
  • Re: rndc reload and BIND9
    ... Yes, reload is graceful, it will only load named.conf and new zones, it ... unless you are actually splitting the zone files between them. ... >Instead, of having a master and slave, I am going to have two masters. ...
    (freebsd-isp)
  • RE: master page - reload/flickering
    ... I'm afraid there's no way to prevent the master page from reloading after ... To reload part of the page without causing a postback of the whole page, ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...