Re: ACL Permissions

From: John Pugh (john_at_cyber-media.co.uk)
Date: 12/15/04

Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:05:55 -0000

Thanks for the reply, I have compared the permissions between the two boxes
(one that works and this one) and I can see very little differences, none in
sections that I think might affect this problem is there anything specific
that I should be looking for?

"Andra" <andraatlatnetdotlv> wrote in message
> Policies? Especially concerning the way the password is sent over the
> network.
>
> John Pugh wrote
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am having problem that I thought some of you might be able to help,
>>
>> The problem is that we have created a directory on a 2k3 standard box
>> that
>> can only be accessed using a set username and password (used for
>> accessing
>> web stats over the internet) I have done this many times before without a
>> hitch but on one of our boxes it does want to work at all!
>>
>> I have given the SYSTEM full control, Administrators full control and
>> stats-viewer (the user who needs access) read and read & execute. This is
>> the standard setup I have on all our boxes. I have also tried recreating
> all
>> the permissions the wwwroot directory has and putting it in the wwwroot
>> directory to no avail.
>>
>> With the IUSR user in place it works, allowing anonymous access,
>> therefore
>> IIS is pointing to the right place and serving up the pages so that is
>> working, but when IUSR access is taken away it throws back a "HTTP Error
>> 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on the requested
>> resource." error when trying to login as stats-viewer. I have tried using
>> Integrated and basic authentication, changing the user, changing the
>> directory, creating a new web site in IIS, using Authdiag (which doesn't
>> seem to shed light on the problem) all without success.
>>
>> Can anyone help, its doing my head in!!!
>>
>> Many thanks,
>>
>> John Pugh

Relevant Pages

  • Cannot access files in My Documents after upgrading to XP Professi
    ... The Permissions for each group or user under the allow column are all ... I cannot change any of the checked boxes or the ... Only two owners listed, the Administrators group, and StankoT user. ... Encrypt box under the general tab, advanced attributes dialog box results in ...
  • RE: Cannot access files in My Documents after upgrading to XP Professi
    ... The Permissions for each group or user under the allow column are all ... I cannot change any of the checked boxes or the ... Only two owners listed, the Administrators group, and StankoT user. ... Encrypt box under the general tab, advanced attributes dialog box results in ...
  • Re: ACL Permissions
    ... I have compared the permissions between the two boxes ... >> With the IUSR user in place it works, allowing anonymous access, ... >> directory, creating a new web site in IIS, using Authdiag (which doesn't ...
  • Re: ACL Permissions
    ... I have compared the permissions between the two boxes ... >> With the IUSR user in place it works, allowing anonymous access, ... >> directory, creating a new web site in IIS, using Authdiag (which doesn't ...
  • Re: transport non-document file as text in e-mail?
    ... |> I don't see any reason to interpret "limited permissions" ... "Connected to a remote computer where due to limited permissions ... "A Surface is a super ... in a lifeboat with 2 other people and 6 boxes of rations. ...