Re: VPN logon problem

From: Robert L [MS-MVP] (noreply_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 12/05/04

    Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 14:47:39 -0600

    many possibilities. quoted from http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    This account is the same as the one logged on to the system and that this
    account was tried before to logon
    There is no domain controller available to validate this account.
    There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.
    Event ID 5719

    Symptoms: 1. In client, you may receive Event ID 5719: "No Windows NT or
    Windows 2000 Domain Controller is available for domain Domain. The following
    error occurred: There are currently no logon servers available to service
    the logon request."
    2. In DC, you may receive Event ID 5719: "No Windows NT or Windows 2000
    Domain Controller is available for domain chicagotech.net. The following
    error occurred: There are currently no logon servers available to service
    the logon request.
    3. You logon domain user in a domain network, the mapping logon script
    displays this message: "There is no domain controller available to validate
    this account."
    4. You use a office laptop to connect the office VPN, when you map a network
    drive using this command line: net use \\chicagotech\shared
    /u:chicagotech.net\blin, you may receive this message: "This account is the
    same as the one logged on to the system and that this account was tried
    before to logon. There is no domain controller available to validate this
    account"

    Causes: 1.The DC is down.
    2. Can't access the DC.
    3. The DNS issue.
    4. Run out of buffer space in the NetBT datagram buffer.

    --
    For more and other information, go to  http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    Don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services.