netstat 0.0.0.0:80

From: Justwhatingtoknow (Justwhatingtoknow_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/03/04

Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 07:19:05 -0800

I have a question about how netstat displays the netstat -na results. On
some server w2k/2wk3 I do a netstat -na I see that port 80 is displayed as
0.0.0.0:80 and on other systems it show as the acutal ip... ie 12.12.12.12:80.
This occurs even if IIS is set the same way. Where is the difference coming
from. Where does netstat actually get is info... from the registry?
Thanks in advanced.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Is this a Virus? Spammer? Emails sent to unkown address...
    ... Giving us more info about the netstat ... results, like the port number, would be helpful. ... netstat was done on your mail server? ... If your email server is set up for relaying, which is bad, you should ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
    ... netstat -noa shows a bunch of local local processes, ... Dumb question first: The server is running? ... Look for the process ID of the server process in task manager. ... not being able to connect with port 1443. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: How to find a process
    ... With the WinXP and 2k3 Server versions of netstat the '-o' option will ... responsible for that particular connected/listening port. ... ability to kill process connections, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Have I been compromised? chkrootkit: "Warning: Possible LKM Trojan installed" - nmap:
    ... assuming netstat wasn't one of the programs ... listed there for port 1313 correspond to the PIDs chkproc spit out. ... all your services while you upgrade all the software that needs upgrading. ... > Every week or so I'll run chkrootkit, mostly just because I feel I ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Ports schliessen
    ... Trotzdem wird dieser Port bei verschiedenen Portscans ... Da wage ich am Test zu zweifeln, oder daran, daß kein Server läuft. ... sagt NETSTAT, ...
    (microsoft.public.de.security.heimanwender)