RE: ADMT v3 profile questions

Hi John,

I am just writing to see how everything is going. If you have any updates
on this issue, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

--------------------
| From: v-kzhao@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ("Ken Zhao [MSFT]")
| Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 02:54:38 GMT
| Subject: RE: ADMT v3 profile questions
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.migration
|
| Hello John,
|
| Thank you for using newsgroup!
|
| From your post, based on my research, I have not found any similar issues
| reported. Anyone else has any experience sharing?
|
| Thanks & Regards,
|
| Ken Zhao
|
| Microsoft Online Support
| Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| ====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ====================================================
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net>
| | Subject: ADMT v3 profile questions
| | Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 10:51:06 -0400
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.migration
| | find info on this issue. Maybe someone here can point me in the right
| | direction.
| |
| | I am testing an upcoming domain migration (inter-forest). Domain A is
| 2003
| | native, domain B is 2000 native.
| |
| | I have a workstation in domain A. I create a user in domain B. I log
on
| | the workstation in domain A using the domain B logon. This creates a
| | profile on the machine called username. I make profile changes. I
| logoff
| | and back on, and the profile is accessed correctly.
| |
| | I then migrate the user from domain B to domain A.
| |
| | When I log on to the workstation in domain A using the migrated user
| account
| | in domain A, XP Pro SP2 creates a new profile called username.A.
| |
| | I have verified that the SID history was migrated (via both the
migration
| | log and also using ADSIEDIT), and SID filtering is disabled between the
| | domains, although at this point the second domain is out of the picture
| | since I have a domain A user logging on to a domain A workstation.
| |
| | I assume, although I now need to test, that if the workstation
originated
| in
| | domain B, and was also migrated that this would not be an issue since
the
| | ADMT agent would have made changes to the profile.
| |
| | Should I have expected the domain A logon to access the old profile, or
| do I
| | have a basic misunderstanding?
| |
| | One more note, I renamed the username.A folder to username.A.old, and
| then
| | renamed the username folder to username.A. Upon logging in using the
| domain
| | A user account, I was able to correctly access the profile so I do not
| think
| | it is a permissions issue.
| |
| | Thank you in advance for your time.
| |
| | John R
| |
| |
| |

  • Re: ADMT 3.0: Local user profile migration question
    ... Microsoft Online Support ... Microsoft Global Technical Support Center ... | When I'm using "Replace Mode" for local profile translation as you ... | the old domain user can not use the profile in case of a fallback. ...
  • RE: ADMT v3 profile questions
    ... Microsoft Global Technical Support Center ... | I am testing an upcoming domain migration. ... | the workstation in domain A using the domain B logon. ... | profile on the machine called username. ...
  • Re: ADMT 3.0: Local user profile migration question
    ... Microsoft Online Support ... Microsoft Global Technical Support Center ... | What I have discoverd in the meantime is that a roaming profile that is ... | and the new domain user are in the ACL of the roaming profile. ...
  • Re: ADMT 3.0: howto migrate roaming profiles?
    ... Microsoft Online Support ... Microsoft Global Technical Support Center ... | local profile as well. ... Intraforest migration of computers running Windows ...
  • RE: adding workstation to domain - access is denied
    ... Microsoft Online Support ... Microsoft Global Technical Support Center ... When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so ... adding workstation to domain - access is denied ...