RE: ADMT v3 profile questions

Hi John,

I am just writing to see how everything is going. If you have any updates
on this issue, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

--------------------
| From: v-kzhao@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ("Ken Zhao [MSFT]")
| Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 02:54:38 GMT
| Subject: RE: ADMT v3 profile questions
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.migration
|
| Hello John,
|
| Thank you for using newsgroup!
|
| From your post, based on my research, I have not found any similar issues
| reported. Anyone else has any experience sharing?
|
| Thanks & Regards,
|
| Ken Zhao
|
| Microsoft Online Support
| Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| ====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ====================================================
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net>
| | Subject: ADMT v3 profile questions
| | Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 10:51:06 -0400
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.migration
| | find info on this issue. Maybe someone here can point me in the right
| | direction.
| |
| | I am testing an upcoming domain migration (inter-forest). Domain A is
| 2003
| | native, domain B is 2000 native.
| |
| | I have a workstation in domain A. I create a user in domain B. I log
on
| | the workstation in domain A using the domain B logon. This creates a
| | profile on the machine called username. I make profile changes. I
| logoff
| | and back on, and the profile is accessed correctly.
| |
| | I then migrate the user from domain B to domain A.
| |
| | When I log on to the workstation in domain A using the migrated user
| account
| | in domain A, XP Pro SP2 creates a new profile called username.A.
| |
| | I have verified that the SID history was migrated (via both the
migration
| | log and also using ADSIEDIT), and SID filtering is disabled between the
| | domains, although at this point the second domain is out of the picture
| | since I have a domain A user logging on to a domain A workstation.
| |
| | I assume, although I now need to test, that if the workstation
originated
| in
| | domain B, and was also migrated that this would not be an issue since
the
| | ADMT agent would have made changes to the profile.
| |
| | Should I have expected the domain A logon to access the old profile, or
| do I
| | have a basic misunderstanding?
| |
| | One more note, I renamed the username.A folder to username.A.old, and
| then
| | renamed the username folder to username.A. Upon logging in using the
| domain
| | A user account, I was able to correctly access the profile so I do not
| think
| | it is a permissions issue.
| |
| | Thank you in advance for your time.