RE: ADMT v3 profile questions

Hello John,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, based on my research, I have not found any similar issues
reported. Anyone else has any experience sharing?

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

--------------------
| From: "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net>
| Subject: ADMT v3 profile questions
| Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 10:51:06 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.migration
|
| Hello,
|
| I have browsed this group, and checked Microsoft.com, but I can't seem to
| find info on this issue. Maybe someone here can point me in the right
| direction.
|
| I am testing an upcoming domain migration (inter-forest). Domain A is
2003
| native, domain B is 2000 native.
|
| I have a workstation in domain A. I create a user in domain B. I log on
| the workstation in domain A using the domain B logon. This creates a
| profile on the machine called username. I make profile changes. I
logoff
| and back on, and the profile is accessed correctly.
|
| I then migrate the user from domain B to domain A.
|
| When I log on to the workstation in domain A using the migrated user
account
| in domain A, XP Pro SP2 creates a new profile called username.A.
|
| I have verified that the SID history was migrated (via both the migration
| log and also using ADSIEDIT), and SID filtering is disabled between the
| domains, although at this point the second domain is out of the picture
| since I have a domain A user logging on to a domain A workstation.
|
| I assume, although I now need to test, that if the workstation originated
in
| domain B, and was also migrated that this would not be an issue since the
| ADMT agent would have made changes to the profile.
|
| Should I have expected the domain A logon to access the old profile, or
do I
| have a basic misunderstanding?
|
| One more note, I renamed the username.A folder to username.A.old, and
then
| renamed the username folder to username.A. Upon logging in using the
domain
| A user account, I was able to correctly access the profile so I do not
think
| it is a permissions issue.
|
| Thank you in advance for your time.
|
| John R

  • RE: ADMT v3 profile questions
    ... Microsoft Online Support ... Microsoft Global Technical Support Center ... | Subject: RE: ADMT v3 profile questions ... | | the workstation in domain A using the domain B logon. ...
  • Re: ADMT 3.0: howto migrate roaming profiles?
    ... Microsoft Online Support ... Microsoft Global Technical Support Center ... | local profile as well. ... Intraforest migration of computers running Windows ...
  • ADMT v3 profile questions
    ... I am testing an upcoming domain migration. ... the workstation in domain A using the domain B logon. ... I make profile changes. ... renamed the username folder to username.A. ...
  • Re: User Profile/User Account Migration (i.e. New Client Computer Purchased for Existing Domain User
    ... workstation to an existing domain. ... break any account settings, ... profile, i would use the "FSTW" files and settings transfer wizard ... this is for server/domain migration things i believe. ...
  • RE: Printer Sever - Some clients cant print
    ... Microsoft Online Support ... Microsoft Global Technical Support Center ... | users can print from the failing workstation. ... Deleting the profile on the ...