RE: Applying your personal settings takes too long!

Hi,

I found some related articles:

883271 Event ID 1053 and 1058 appear in the Application log after you
upgrade to Windows 2000 Server or Windows Server 2003 with Active Directory
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;883271

262958 Lookup of Permissions on ACLs Shows Only SIDs
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;262958

Also, I'd like to suggest you check if the DC is working and if we can ping
DC with IP.

Best regards,

Vincent Xu
Microsoft Online Partner Support

>>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.migration

Hi all!

>>I am currently working on our NT4 to W2K3 migration and have set up a
small test network to test out things. I am noticing a strange problem
when logging onto a W2k3 (SP1) AD Domain from a Windows XP Pro (SP2)
workstation. The *Applying your personal settings * window remains
displayed for about 10-15 mins. Looking at the Application Event Log I
note the following entry:

>>Event ID: 1053
>>Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (The specified
domain either does not exist or could not be contacted). Group Policy
processing aborted.

--
tigerdivision
tigerdivision's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=5417