RE: Applying your personal settings takes too long!

Hi,

I found some related articles:

883271 Event ID 1053 and 1058 appear in the Application log after you
upgrade to Windows 2000 Server or Windows Server 2003 with Active Directory
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;883271

262958 Lookup of Permissions on ACLs Shows Only SIDs
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;262958

Also, I'd like to suggest you check if the DC is working and if we can ping
DC with IP.

Best regards,

Vincent Xu
Microsoft Online Partner Support

>>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.migration

Hi all!

>>I am currently working on our NT4 to W2K3 migration and have set up a
small test network to test out things. I am noticing a strange problem
when logging onto a W2k3 (SP1) AD Domain from a Windows XP Pro (SP2)
workstation. The *Applying your personal settings * window remains
displayed for about 10-15 mins. Looking at the Application Event Log I
note the following entry:

>>Event ID: 1053
>>Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (The specified
domain either does not exist or could not be contacted). Group Policy
processing aborted.

--
tigerdivision
tigerdivision's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=5417

  • Re: Remote Desktop Re-Connect
    ... does not include Windows 2003 or Windows Server. ... available target OS's are appropriate for Windows Server 2003 SE SP1? ... but my recollection was that the key is to look for event log errors at the ... remote session, and my local printer is not. ...
  • RE: Stop Error 0x0000008E after logging on locally
    ... > "STOP 0x0000008E" Error Message Occurs When You Upgrade to Windows Server ... > 840216 Stop 0x0000008e error occurs on a server that is running Microsoft ... try a clean boot of the server and see if the issue persists. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: MSINFO32.exe will not open.
    ... At the command prompt, type net start helpsvc, and then press ENTER. ... Windows Server 2003: ... language versions of Windows Server 2003, such as the Japanese version of ... If the issue persists, please do clean boot on the SBS to narrow ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Exception manegement application block cant write to Windows server 2003
    ... As I'm impersonating I tried granting my user full control over Event Log ... registry account and Event Log folder, ... I'm trying to run my Application over a Windows Server ...
  • Re: In-place upgrade from NT to 2003, member server question
    ... I'm aware of the NT4Emulator key, but this is not the answer that I'm ... You say that "based on your experience, you needen't reboot the win2k member ... > use Windows Server 2003 interim Functional Level. ... > sufficient Windows 2k3 domain controllers, ...