Couple of questions

From: Upgrader (ucan.kissmyass_at_gmail.com)
Date: 03/17/05

Date: 16 Mar 2005 18:45:30 -0800

I am in the middle of my windows 2003 migration from primarily nt4
domain to a win2k3 domain.
I have setup a trust with the NT4 domain no problem.
I have not been able to get a trust going between the windows 2000
domain and the 2003 domain. Is there a trick to this?

Also when I do the ADMT migration of Computers I am telling users to be
logged but all applications closed. Is this the correct method?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Adding permission in windows 2000 for windows 2003 users.
    ... Trust relationship exists between .com AD and .co.in AD. ... migration happends from their existing one to new one. ... "Meinolf Weber" wrote: ... I Planned to add the user name which created in windows ...
  • Re: Adding permission in windows 2000 for windows 2003 users.
    ... did you create a trust between the domains? ... I Planned to add the user name which created in windows ... but i got failed in adding permission for ... The purpose of this new windows2003 R2 is for migration. ...
  • RE: file migration with account mismatching
    ... source domain acount name during migration. ... I recommand you create trust between the two domains. ... Migrating from Small Business Server 2000 or Windows 2000 Server to Windows ...
  • RE: How to create trust relationship between Windows 2003 Server (domain controler) and Windows NT 4
    ... relationship between windows NT and Windows 2003 by following the ... Establish Trusts with a Windows NT-Based Domain in Windows Server ... How to Create a Trust Relationship ... Create a Two-Way Trust Relationship ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • RE: migrating users and other from win2k to win2003
    ... You may migrate the users, NTFS permissions, IIS and DNS to the new Windows ... Server 2003 system by using the Active Directory Migration Tool. ... This article assumes that the source domain is a Windows 2000-based ...