RE: Remove administrative tools on windows 2000

Hello DD,

Install the 2003 adminpak:
http://www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/details.aspx?familyid=86B71A4F-4122-44AF-BE79-3F101E533D95&displaylang=en

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Managed to remove the administrative tools from the windows 2k DC, but
after upgrade the windows 2k to win2003, the active site & services,
active user 7 computer amd DC Policy icon not appear in the
administrative tools,

How to call back the icon ?

"DD" wrote:

Before you use WINNT32 to upgrade Windows 2000 member computers and
domain controllers, remove Windows 2000 Administration Tools. To do
so, use the Add/Remove Programs tool in Control Panel. (Windows 2000
upgrades only.)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325379

According to KB/325379, need to remove Windows 2000 Administration ,
but can't from the Add/Remove program. Is it a must to remove the
administration tools before upgrade ?

  • Re: Win2k wont recognize Win2k CD key
    ... Add/Remove Programs Tool Displays Installed Programs Incorrectly ... you'll likely need to perform an in-place upgrade. ... What an In-Place Windows 2000 Upgrade Changes and What It Does Not Change ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: How do I reset my XP logon screen image?
    ... Unless XP is an upgrade on top of Win 98 or something similar, ... Add/Remove programs as an un-installable item.. ... MVP - Windows Shell/User ... >>> the disks that came with your computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Uninstall and re-install XP
    ... Go to Tools, Folder Options. ... you should be able to upgrade to Windows XP. ... replaced by the Windows XP Fax. Please uninstall this fax application using the Add/Remove Programs in the ...
  • Re: XP Installation Problem
    ... > I'm trying to upgrade to Windows XP from ME, ... > upgrading to Windows XP, and will be replaced by the Windows XP ... > uninstall this fax application using Add/Remove Programs in the ... > Program named 'Microsoft Shared Fax Client' among my Add/Remove ...
  • Remove administrative tools on windows 2000
    ... Before you use WINNT32 to upgrade Windows 2000 member computers and domain ... remove Windows 2000 Administration Tools. ... Add/Remove Programs tool in Control Panel. ...