Re: Force users to save to network and not hard drive

Thanks so much for your assistance and guidance.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

Microsoft Newbie <test@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

I am running Windows 2000 Server Standard SP4. Users are running
Windows XP SP3. Is it possible to force users to save their files to
the shares on the network and to stop them from saving files to their
local hard drives.
Thanks

Force? That's not really a great word here. Instead, how about "gently guide
& make sure they'd have to go out of their way to do otherwise" ? Set up
group policy to redirect My Documents, Desktop, and perhaps even Application
Data to the server.

See:

How to dynamically create security-enhanced redirected folders by using
folder redirection in Windows 2000 and in Windows Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/274443

Folder Redirection Feature in Windows