Re: NTFS quota vs. FSRM quota

Hello Madtom_182,

NTFS is a disk quota, so the added accounts can not use more then the allowed space on the complete disk. With FSRM you can use use folder quotas and differentiate it for your needs.

Also see here for FSRM (expand the + in the left pane):

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

In Windows Server 2003 R2, you can put quota on disk which enable a
"by user" quota and you can put quota on folder with File Server
Resource Manager.

On a test server, I enabled both, and it works pretty fine.
But does someone try it on production server?
And, especially, does it impact performance?
Is there any tricks to make it works fine?

  • RE: Client Disk Quota Check
    ... How To Export and Import Disk Quota Settings to Other Volumes in Windows XP ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Disk Quotas
    ... files that are exceeding the disk quota? ... We are trying to impose disk quotas on the student OU without any luck. ... Enable Disk quota ... All students have a server based home folder set intheir profile. ...
  • Re: Disk Quota Information
    ... the list that Quota Manager provides with the Delete Option? ... The disk quota is set on the whole disc relating to ... > all the files that user created or is the owner of. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Disk Quotas on Windows 2003 SP2
    ... quota limits are enforced, my understanding is that quota enforcement is ... quotas because it would have affected all the shares on the partition. ... and we move the folders to the newly configured disk quota partition set ... in total and User2 will be able to store 5 Gigs in total and User3 will be ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.file_system)
  • Re: Windows 2003 R2 Disk Quotas
    ... > created a test environment with 12,000 folders. ... Is there a command line option to create an auto quota? ... > quota software took hours to refresh the screen and I went home before it ... > Microsoft has got its new R2 disk quota software from. ...