Raise Domain Functional Level

Hi to all, i have a Windows 2003 Standard edition domain controller, and the domain is configured as Windows 2000 mixed mode.
I ' ve installed a new server Windows 2003 Standard R2 SP2, and i want to promote it as second DC. The dcpromo fails and says that the source AD forest is not compatible with this server and eventually run ADPREP command tool.
Maybe pheraphs because the source forest is Windows 2000 mixed mode ? What happen if i raise the functional level ?

Thanks
Luca

  • Re: Deployment of Active Directory and Exch 2003 in older NT Domain
    ... Domain Trusts and Mixed Mode: Mixed Mode Windows refers to having Windows ... I don't think there would be any conflicts with having a trust between ... When you install Exchange into the ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: 2003 native mode with NT4 DCs
    ... You can't move to Windows 2003 native mode with NT4 BDC's still in the mix. ... > I am faced with a scenario where I want to move a mixed mode 2003/NT4 ...
  • Re: Changing to Native Mode
    ... With a single forest with two domains you already have the capability to place users from one domain into groups in the other. ... This is true regardless of whether one of the domains is still in Windows 2000 Mixed Mode. ... By the way, as you have described it, I see no reason not to elevate your Mixed Mode Domain to 2000 Native. ...
  • Active Directory
    ... Windows 2000 and Windows NT 4 domain controllers in the ... >No BDCs will be online after migration. ... >Staying in mixed mode for now due to application issues. ... >>control upgrade or if you are going to upgrade the ...
  • Trouble joining a R2 server to a existing 2003 domain
    ... we are experiencing trouble joining a new Win2003 R2 server to a existing Windows 2003 domain. ... We are getting the following error message when using "dcpromo.exe": ... "The version of the Active Directory Schema of the source forest is not compatible with the version of the Active Directory on this computer." ...