Mounted volumes and Shadow Copy - 2003

Hi All

I am trying to create a file system that uses mounted volumes within a
folder structure. The file system needs to have Shadow Copies available.

It appears that although I can create shadow copies for mounted volumes it
is impossible for users to use the previous versions tools to restore files
within these mounts.

Is this correct or is there a workaround?

Many thanks

  • RE: Mounting external filesystem
    ... Part of the confusion is that there's more than one way to shadow the ... One way is to mount an "external ROM" file system. ... Windows CE 5.0 there is true shadowing between a Windows directory on your ...
  • File system issues on system partition
    ... Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted. ... The shadow copies of volume C: were aborted because of a failure to ensure crash dump or hibernate consistency. ... This all happened a month ago and when I rebooted the server then the system partition was so bad that Windows setup, reocvery console, etc would not recognize it as being there. ... Luckily I had just started using Symantec BESR so I could take the last backup which is about 1-2 weeks old of the system parition and just put it back in place. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Mounting network shares under home?