Re: Syslog

On Feb 27, 1:55 pm, "Anthony [MVP]" <anth...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You need to buy a third party application that reads the event log (and
other logs) and sends them as syslog. If you google for "windows syslog" you
will find a few,
Anthonyhttp://www.airdesk.com

"Tesdall" <dtesd...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

On Feb 26, 9:46 am, Tesdall <dtesd...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How do i point a Windows 2000 server and Windows 2003 (standard)
server to a syslog server?

Ping

I have a program that reads syslog info. i have my cisco switches
POINTED at it. How do i POINT my windows servers at it?

  • Re: Need to implemet Syslog server
    ... >On my network I need to implement a Syslog server ... Pretty much everything but Windows will ... likely talk to syslog if told to, ... A great many other managed network devices support syslogging, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • [HPADM] SUMMARY: syslog redirection
    ... server is down, entries will be lost. ... Syslog sends over UDP on a "broadcast and forget" concept. ... information that is subject to United States laws and regulations. ... I'm being asked to route syslog messages to a central server. ...
    (HP-UX-Admin)
  • Re: How to allow port 514?
    ... a packet filter allows traffic into the server itself. ... If you want to run your syslog on the server you would use a packet filter. ... In ISA Policy Elements, right click Protocol Definitions, ... in Publishing, right click Server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Syslog Server on Debian Etch
    ... Syslog was working fine on the clients, I had it installed to a diff ... Is anyone else monitoring Juniper Netscreen firewalls? ... Syslog Server on Debian Etch ...
    (Debian-User)
  • SUMMARY: forwarded syslog messages are missing originating hostname
    ... I am running Solaris 9 with the latest_recommended. ... to send their syslog messages to a central server, ... as a relay server to forward all syslog messages to a third server. ... originating servers hostname and state that they are only from the relay ...
    (SunManagers)