Event ID:       1074
Date:           1/16/2008
Time:           5:00:47 PM
User:           NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer:       *******
The process winlogon.exe has initiated the restart of computer CORP-ADP on
behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Legacy API
shutdown
 Reason Code: 0x80070000
 Shutdown Type: restart
 Comment:

I have checked the AV logs, Landesk tasks and logs and the local task
scheduler and can not find any indication of what is causing this. I also ran
a full virus and anti spyware scan. Any ideas?

Below are few steps that you can try:

Boot machine into SAfe mode with Networking
Reinstall most recent HP/Compaq server managment Agents/Utilities
Disable GFI Mail Essentials and GFI POP2 services

We can also set Poolmon on the server and get it analyzed and that
would tell us which file or driver is causing the problem.

Best option is to set poolmon on the server.

If the steps above resolves let me know at deepakchawla00@xxxxxxxxx

Thanks and Regards
Deepak

  • Re: Loads of error,s and strange stuff in a SBS 2003 R1
    ... error logs here.. ... Computer: SERVER ... see Help and Support Center at ... Event Type: Information ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Raid config for SQL 2008
    ... apps on the server that access that drive as well. ... planning to go with the Raid1 and Raid10. ...   ... What is your thought about putting the logs ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: Logs not being deleted by NTbackup
    ... Go to Server Managment Console and run the Backup Wizard for SBS 2003. ... transaction logs are not being purged by the normal ntbackup job any more. ... Event Type: Information ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: TCPIP missing!
    ... Event Type:     Warning ... see Help and Support Center athttp://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. ... Event Source:   NetBT ...
  • Re: Error Messages at Start Up
    ... These are the error messages I am getting in the event viewer ... Event Type:     Failure Audit ... Selectively untick the other services and reboot the machine. ...  Clear all the events in all the logs, reboot, then ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)