Re: Rebuilt Mirror Won't Boot

The boot.ini on the drive is the same as the floopy. I just verified it even
though it appears that I did not type it correctly in this post, mea culpa.
Also, from what I have read, since I am using multiple SCSI drives, and the
ARC path contains "multi" I do not need the ntbootdd.sys. If it was
required, I would not be able to boot from the floppy since it is not on the
floppy.

So, I am still at square one with a server that I can boot off a floppy yet
I cannot boot the server using the same boot.ini file on the C drive.

"Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:

"Dave K." <DaveK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Doh!

I went and just rebooted the server and here is the relevant information
BIOS - check
LSI Configuration Utility - check
Spins up SCSI LUNS - check
LSI Logic Corp MPT Boot ROM Success Intall - check
Broadcom NetXtreme Boot Agent - check
Press Ctrl + S to enter cfg menu (this is for the Broadcom card) - check
Hangs at this point

If I put the floppy in the server will go through all of the above noted
steps and right afer the "Press Ctrl + S to enter cfg menu (this is for
the
Broadcom card)" line, the floppy runs and the system boots. So it would
appear the problem is with the boot.ini file on the server. the boot.ini
on
the floppy is a copy of the original boot.ini before the rebuild of the
mirror

Here is the text from the floppy boot.ini file and I select "Boot Mirror
C":
[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003, Floppy"
/fastdetect /NoExecute=OptOut
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Boot Mirror C: - secondary
plex"

Here is the boot.ini file from the server:
[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003"
/fastdetect /NoExecute=OptOut
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Boot Mirror C: - secondary
plex"

Since disk1 is the disk I used to create the new mirror with disk0, I have
changed the ARC path to point to disk1 for the Windows partition.

If there is anything else I forgot, please tell me and I will get the
information as quickly as I can.

Boot.ini should be the same on the floppy and on the hard disk.
You should also check if the file ntbootdd.sys exists both on the
floppy disk the hard disk.

.