Re: Searching File Server for User Permissions

On Jun 21, 4:49 pm, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwe...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I strongly suggest you *not* use individuals for permissions - use AD
security groups. You can create a special AD security group called "Shipping
Folders Access Only" or whatever....set permissions /add it to the locations
it needs, then add/remove/modify membership as needed. Anything else is
unnecessarily complicated, even if you do it with a batch file.- Hide quoted text -

Thank you for the advice. I was recently hired at this corporation,
and I'm working toward exactly as you stated. I'm going to end up
creating hundreds of security groups (simply because of the size of
the company, and the need for it). But to do so, I'm going need to
find these users in the thousands apon thousands of folders. So I'm
using this script to find them all. Thank you for the advice though, I
should have stated exactly what my reasoning was.

  • Re: Searching File Server for User Permissions
    ... I strongly suggest you *not* use individuals for permissions - use AD ... Folders Access Only" or whatever....set permissions /add it to the ... creating hundreds of security groups (simply because of the size of ... Thank you for the advice though, ...
  • file server permissions problems
    ... permissions for admins at the top level down. ... authenticated users with traverse and read permissions on the folders. ... those accounts are in the security groups. ...
  • prevent user from seeing security tab
    ... control of their own files and folders. ... if they can change the permissions on files & ... >level built-in security groups like administrators, ... >enterprise admin, domain admin etc, and the only built-in ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • prevent user from seeing security tab
    ... level built-in security groups like administrators, ... enterprise admin, domain admin etc, and the only built-in ... Next check your permissions on your root, ... prevent them from seeing the security tab on files folders ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Cannot remove "read only" attribute
    ... permissions in order to restrict access for some users. ... folders even though I had Administrator rights. ... Any advice? ...