Network Traffic Monitoring

By definition Network traffic is data in a network and Monitoring works by
listening to the traffic going across a network. Im using windows 2003
network monitor to monitor the network traffic in our LAN but what are the
indications if there are to much network traffic or a network bottleneck and
who is causing it.

  • Re: Six things holding me up from ditching M$
    ... Do I need to define a "workgroup name" like you do in Windows? ... Are all of the necessary protocols for file sharing built into SUSE? ... All of my attempts to access my XP box from the SUSE box, and vice versa, show either a blank window, or "Network Not Available". ... Here you can also do the monitor thing you asked about. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: printer
    ... Having followed all the advice given with regard to my Ubuntu ... box I started the printer setup procedure on the windows laptop. ... I need to do such as configuring CUPS to print from the network. ... You certainly can check to make sure cups is listening by using: ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • RE: Slow network performance
    ... monitoring network performance: ... installed with both Windows 2000 Professional and Windows 2000 ... Server, tracks resource utilization and network throughput. ...
  • Re: Server Performance
    ... Check free disk space; delete Temp files/ Temporary Internet files & ... Remove unnecessary network protocols (NWLink IPX/SPX is often at fault ... > using Performance Logs and Monitor to monitor the server for bottlenecks, ... > but I am not sure which all counters to concentrate on. ...
  • @@@@@ i am a bit ambitious, so I stress you @@@@@
    ... people listening into private conversations, ... How can the FBI use computers to monitor thousands and thousands ... The Digital Telephony Act will allow them to legally - at full ... wiretapping capacity - dragnet-monitor the telephone network. ...
    (sci.crypt)