Re: IIS 6.0

Either Host Headers, or separate IPs

"Michael Reddick" <michaelr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thanks for the reply Anthony...

But I do have question...

How does large web servers that have multiple sites keep them all
separated when they may all have different domain names?

"Anthony" <anthony.spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
You can't, which is why people try to avoid using other ports except for
Intranet applications or something that people link to automatically.
However you can probably achieve what you want by using host headers to
run two sites on the same IP address,

"Michael Reddick" <michaelr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Good Morning

I'm not sure if this is the correct newsgroup but I have a question.

I have a IIS server that has two websites configured. One is the default
(port 80) and the other is port 8088. I have a external DNS record that
point to How do I make the external DNS record
point all the way to the 8088 port.

If I type in it take me to the port 80 website
and not the second website. I'm trying to avoid having to type in the
port 8088 if I'm away from the office. I would like for it to just
direct itself to that port.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.