Re: R2 vs SP1

I don't know who told you that. Win 2k3 SP1 is the exactly the same as the
first disk in the R2 set. Once you install the first disk of the R2 set on a
computer you have a Win 2k3 SP 1 computer exactly as if you had installed
Win 2k3 and downloaded the SP 1. The second disk is just some improved
features.

We had a bunch of Win 2k3 SP1 servers that were installed before R2 came
out. The only thing we had to do was update the schema on the domain from
the second disk and run setup2 on the existing Win 2k3 SP 1 servers to make
them R2.

Just run adprep from the second disk of the R2 set and you can then run
setup2 from the second disk of the R2 set to install the updated features on
any existing or new Win 2k3 SP1 server you want to have the updated features
on.

hth
DDS

"flash" <flash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
This site has the feature comparison from SP1 to R2
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/features/comparefeatures.mspx

I phoned MS Sales and was told in order to get a Windows 2003 Server SP1
this current version R2, I would have to perform a complete reinstall of
OS
as there is no upgrade path.

Is this true? Is this worth doing and why or should I just wait for SP2?

  • Re: Downsizing from Windows 7 to XP Pro
    ... Can't find the drivers. ... you can't install XP on the computer. ... XP's disk won't have drivers for 2009-10 hardware. ... of my SP1 XP machines had SATA connectors on the mobo. ...
  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 56, Issue 402
    ... Play With Ubuntu, Now Mac Won't Boot! ... openoffice3..deb and install it). ... thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk. ... Play With Ubuntu, Now Mac Won't Boot! ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Windows Xp crash
    ... The Bios is not showing any hard drives. ... Message came up "Disk Boot failure.: ... I tried about a week ago to install Windows 7 on the second hard ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Windows Xp crash
    ... Message came up "Disk Boot failure.: ... indicated that all drives had no disk inserted. ... I tried about a week ago to install Windows 7 on the second hard ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Partition Magic - Reverse Boot Drives?
    ... Use this to install a complete new operating system on a clean drive. ... onto an unallocated space on your hard drive. ... Select disk 1 to see that partition or disk 2 to see the new hard drive. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)