Re: Check profile size from server..

Pegasus (MVP) skrev:

Probably with a simple batch file of the form

echo %date% %time% SomeUserShare >> c:\Profile.txt
dir \\YourServer\SomeUserShare | find /i "file(s)" >> c:\Profile.txt

If you mean 'SomeUserShare' is my profile 'root', it returned only a few megs (the number of bytes occupied by the profile folder pointers).

When I set 'SomeUserShare' as one of the user profile folders it returns 'file not found' - because of the profiles' security settings.

This is the point of my question: I know that the admin has no access whatsoever to the profile folders (without taking ownership) but I hoped there was some nifty way to retieve the size of alle the files and folders inside a user profile...

regards geir

  • Re: Documents and Settings subfolders
    ... account.computer profile to recreate. ... in a domain if domain account Joe and local account Joe ... >profile folders created on its first login is new to me. ... >> duplicate user profile folders for ONE user account?? ...
  • Re: Check profile size from server..
    ... If you mean 'SomeUserShare' is my profile 'root', ... When I set 'SomeUserShare' as one of the user profile folders it returns ... All jobs invoked via at.exe will run under the System account. ...
  • Re: Mystery User names...
    ... I then login and back out as this user to create the profile the same way I ... I have always had a GPO that give admin's full access to profile folders. ... Run gpupdate /force, same error, restart DC and Workstation, same error. ... Microsoft MVP - Directory Services ...
  • Re: Small Business Server 2003
    ... > clients belong to the Security group Users and Domain Users. ... No user ever gets full control on ... anything but their profile folder. ... When you create new profile folders, ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: How to see files in profile folders on multiple operating system s
    ... > Docs/Outlook .pst) because network ports won't recognize, ... > numerous sites say "data may be lost" in user profile folders. ... > instead creates a fresh install 2nd operating system off Win XP install ...