Backup Programs That Use Push Model Instead of Pull?

I'm looking for a short list of backup programs whose agents use a push
model rather than pull. We have been using ARCSERVE, and its agent
requires a central server to login to each remote machine with a particular
domain account that has administrator access on each machine. That creates
a big security exposure if that account gets compromised. I would prefer
a model where the agent runs as system on each computer, and then pushes the
backup upstream to a central server.

--
Will

  • Re: Copy a file while it is open
    ... Backup programs use various methods to attempt to backup files that are locked. ... In the case of databases (i.e. Exchange) an agent can be used to connect to the database and read the info that way. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: What privileges do my SQL services need?
    ... I am looking at the SQL Server Service and the SQL ... > SQL Server Service can run as just a user but the Agent may need more. ... > SQLServerAgent Service" says that the domain account must be a member ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • RE: TFS 2008 Team Build: Error connecting to remote build agent
    ... I have added that domain account to the team project's group. ... I am trying to get a remote build agent to work in a TFS 2008 environment ... configuration seems to resolve the issue. ... To try and troubleshoot the issue, I remoted to the app tier box and was ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.enterprise.tools)
  • Re: Apache Software Foundation Server compromised, resecured. (fwd)
    ... RSA authentication uses public key ... You misunderstand what agent forwarding is. ... are logged into a remote machine and do some action that requires the ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Auto Accept Agent working, but having trouble with customrespo
    ... > the Auto Accept Agent is correctly installed, ... > Is there something special that needs to be done to have the Auto Accept ... >>> security context you want Auto Accept Agent to run under. ... >>> Accept Agent under the security context of a domain account. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)