File replication service eventid 13508, decommissioned DC

Hello,

I've replaced my DC in a Windows 2000 domain; on the new DC, about once
per day, I am getting the following Warning event (13508):

"The File Replication Service is having trouble enabling replication
from (old DC) to (new DC) for c:\winnt\sysvol\domain using the DNS name
(old DC).(domain).Local. FRS will keep retrying. "

The problem is, the old DC no longer exists; I kept it as a backup for
a few days so that the AD would definitely replicate, but then removed
it from the domain.

Does anyone know why the File Replication service is still trying to do
this? The service is currently set to manual, I wouldn't think
disabling it would be the right option.

Thank you very much,
Robert

  • FRS Having Truble 13506
    ... The File Replication Service will restart automatically at a later ... I found nothing in the Technet. ... Windows 2000 with sp2. ...
  • Lost DC - getting AD errors
    ... We are running Windows 2000 Server ... The File Replication Service is having trouble enabling replication from ... This event log message will appear once per connection, ...
  • Re: Win2003 DC upgrades
    ... DNS setting under TCP/IP should only point either back ... > to AD server or another AD server in your domain and not e.g. your ISP. ... I have already moved FSMO roles to the Windows 2003 DC. ... The File Replication Service might not recover when power to ...
  • Re: Remove unused event log files
    ... You'll find the keys under; ... just be aware that if you remove tham and something is trying to write to ... Microsoft MVP [Windows] ... | Directory Service, and File Replication Service. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Copy and Paste Issue 2000 Server
    ... copy/paste/move is not working in Windows. ... When I drag a file to a new ... The File Replication service is running. ...