File replication service eventid 13508, decommissioned DC

Hello,

I've replaced my DC in a Windows 2000 domain; on the new DC, about once
per day, I am getting the following Warning event (13508):

"The File Replication Service is having trouble enabling replication
from (old DC) to (new DC) for c:\winnt\sysvol\domain using the DNS name
(old DC).(domain).Local. FRS will keep retrying. "

The problem is, the old DC no longer exists; I kept it as a backup for
a few days so that the AD would definitely replicate, but then removed
it from the domain.

Does anyone know why the File Replication service is still trying to do
this? The service is currently set to manual, I wouldn't think
disabling it would be the right option.

Thank you very much,
Robert

.