Re: Event Log Monitoring

But what counters/objects do you select in Performance Monitor? I want to
monitor the logs for specific events, but cannot find an object/counter that
allows me to do this. All I find are threshold options, as in greater or
less than x.

"Technical Analyst" <TechnicalAnalyst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:F1A6BF2B-DA57-44BF-A492-8FA7300018E4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi !!!
You can use Performance Logs & Alerts to monitor on Remote server also.
but
it wont notify u by email.
U can set the alert to send you a network message or run some specific
program.

For sending a mail need to check on internet.

Regards,
K.S.Kang

"tfenner" wrote:

Is it possible to do this with Performance Logs and Alerts?

<tfenner> wrote in message
I want to configure my Windows 2003 server to email me if it registers
an
error in any event log. I know there are plenty of event log monitoring
software packages available, but wish to do this using whatever builtin
methods are available so I do not have to install more software on my
server. Is there a way to do this?

If not, please recommend your favorite utility for doing this. Please
order your recommendations in the following manner:
Free-->Cheapest-->Cheap-->Not so cheap

Thanks for your help!

  • Re: PLEASE HELP - USENET/Proxy Security Question
    ... I spent hours reviewing the logs and it appears ... I know there is a higher tier of administrators off-site that monitor ... > then they will determine where you are connecting to. ... > you are connecting to a third-party news server, ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Weirdness
    ... Anything I can look for in the logs? ... This may be related or not, but when I got a new Mac mini with 10.8 I ... had problems at first waking the screen from sleep in the morning. ... if I disconnected then reconnected the monitor that would work. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: X fails to start - Intel i810 (845) - etch + testing
    ... the Xorg logs on my wife's machine and confirmed that it does *NOT* ... getting a bad mode setting that's not compatible with your monitor. ... 1280x1024 blah blah blah ...
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: Value of IDS, ROI
    ... Adding to Bob's second paragraph - these regulations, require you to monitor ... your audit logs for incidents - we know how long it used to take for one ... person to review a basic audit log with thousands of entries every hour. ... IDS 1-2 people to review logs ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: Logger : Viewing realtime from another app ?
    ... >>written to display logs in real time. ... >>on and off different logging and also monitor what packages currently ... have logging turned on. ... > writing to consoles, files, GUI components, remote socket servers, ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)