HELP! all word documents are garbled / Corrupt

Help!!

All of a sudden most of or word documents on the file server have
become corrupt and it only shows garbled text.
Strange is that its only limited to Word docs.

Im running 2003 DFS with Shadowcopy on the volume.
Strange is that it is only the drive where the user folders reside.
Drive where companydata resides is fine

Any ideas!
I need to get those files back ASAP

Reply »

  • Re: HELP! all word documents are garbled / Corrupt
    ... All of a sudden most of or word documents on the file server have ... Strange is that it is only the drive where the user folders reside. ...
  • File locking - server 2003
    ... I have a strange issue whereby a user will open a file, ... The file is located on a file share on a server 2003 file server and the ... The only way to delete the files is to reboot the client and close ...
  • Re: Thumbnail not showing picture of mpg file
    ... It is very very strange... ... another computer in my house is running ... exactly the same XP Pro and it works... ... thumbnails on the same set of widescreen MPG files on the file server ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.video)
  • RE: Webservices & binary data?
    ... A bit strange, given that a normal ... DAV or HTTP server is better suited for this kind of operation. ... >We have a database that stores binary data such as word documents. ...
  • Re: OpenOffice does not produce HTML documents.
    ... >> I have discovered that OpenOffice is unable to produce viewable HTML ... >> pages from Word Documents. ... Well wv is strange. ... Trinity University ...
    (Fedora)