Re: Install asking for drivers from floppy

"T. Reinholtz" <T. Reinholtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
The reinstall process/system restore disc on a new Dell Poweredge server
is
asking for a driver from floppy. There is no floppy installed so the
driver
cannot be loaded. Is there any way that I can manyually load the driver
into
an install directory? If so, where should I place it?

I got the new storage server 2003 r2 and "experimented" on it and now need
to restore back to factory specs/install and do the setup correctly now
that
I have learned some ins-and-outs of what I am doing.

There's an option in the BIOS in my PE2850 and PE6850 to allow USB keys to
emulate floppy drives - maybe worth a try?

steve

  • Re: Format 720k floppy
    ... for what it's worth (assumes that your floppy drive is capable of all 3 ... "Windows XP supports formatting only the 1.44MB disk format. ... floppy drives (drives that are capable of reading/writing with 720KB, ... specifically, a driver problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Installing SBS with Raid 5
    ... You're going to need a floppy disk to install the drivers with F6. ... without some kind of driver already on there. ... and SBS is saying it doesn't see any hard drives! ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Format 720k floppy
    ... floppy drives requires special driver support, and support for this feature is not included in Windows XP. ... support is gone in the Microsoft floppy driver for Windows XP. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Cannot Read 3.5" High Density Diskette
    ... Back in the days when floppies were common, some copy protect schemes required the actual license disk to be used -- a copied floppy wouldn't work. ... Not all the links are still live, but the one for the driver still works. ... the same in the way Windows 98 and Windows XP format and access floppy ... Since *most* floppy disk drives from Japanese ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Floppy disk problem
    ... > floppies in these drives. ... At our school we are having all the floppy problems mentioned in this NG.The ... everything technically SHOULD bethe same in the way Windows 98 and Windows ... problem - more specifically, a driver problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)