Re: User Profile Slows Workstation

We have to ask questions to understand your problem....evidently that
doesn't suit. Good luck.

"Timothy" <Timothy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Guys, please no more questions, I'm looking for answers. This is a full
enterprise environment with all the bells and whistles. If anyone has had
this problem with a profile on a single user on any workstation in a
network
slowing down their use of a workstation by their profile only with
everything
checked on the system, ALL the way down to the registry I would love to
know
the answer.

"Hank Arnold" wrote:

Have you considered Spyware?? Can they install applications?

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

"Timothy" <Timothy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Yes it's the same users.
All workstations signed on to.
2000 Pro SP4 with Hot Fixes.
They have roaming profiles, some have files some don't, this would to
my
knowledge only slow down the loading of the profile, not the over
performance.

"jb" wrote:

Is it always the same users with the problem?

Does it happen at any workstation they logon to?

What OS and SP level are you using?

Are their desktops loaded with files?

"Timothy" <Timothy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I'm having a problem with some of the roaming profiles in my domain.
When
certain users signon, their profiles slow the workstations down to a
crawl.
When most other users signon to the same workstation it runs to its
full
performance capabilities. I've given the affected users new profiles
and
this
will help for a while, but the problem returns.

  • Re: "Classic logon" screen in XP does not remeber the user name
    ... upgrade mode and I have seen that myself on one of my computers that worked ... John N ... I recently upgraded a workstation from Windows 2000 Pro to Windows XP Pro. ... can copy missing shortcuts to the new profile. ...
  • Re: "Classic logon" screen in XP does not remeber the user name
    ... John N ... I recently upgraded a workstation from Windows 2000 Pro to Windows XP Pro. ... can copy missing shortcuts to the new profile. ... you can work from the server and ...
  • Re: Mystery User names...
    ... I then login and back out as this user to create the profile the same way I ... I have always had a GPO that give admin's full access to profile folders. ... Run gpupdate /force, same error, restart DC and Workstation, same error. ... How long did you wait after you deleted the account and all its traces ...
  • Re: Change Domain user profile and reconfigure Redirected My Docum
    ... If the workstation is separated from the original domain, ... I copy the Domain profile to a fresh local profile the My Documents folder ... Windows Explorer and click Tools -> Folder Options and go to the Offline ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: "Classic logon" screen in XP does not remeber the user name
    ... would be to install RC. ... I recently upgraded a workstation from Windows 2000 Pro to Windows XP Pro. ... can copy missing shortcuts to the new profile. ... just temporarily] another user account that is also an administrator ...