Re: User Profile Slows Workstation

We have to ask questions to understand your problem....evidently that
doesn't suit. Good luck.

"Timothy" <Timothy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Guys, please no more questions, I'm looking for answers. This is a full
enterprise environment with all the bells and whistles. If anyone has had
this problem with a profile on a single user on any workstation in a
network
slowing down their use of a workstation by their profile only with
everything
checked on the system, ALL the way down to the registry I would love to
know
the answer.

"Hank Arnold" wrote:

Have you considered Spyware?? Can they install applications?

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

"Timothy" <Timothy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Yes it's the same users.
All workstations signed on to.
2000 Pro SP4 with Hot Fixes.
They have roaming profiles, some have files some don't, this would to
my
knowledge only slow down the loading of the profile, not the over
performance.

"jb" wrote:

Is it always the same users with the problem?

Does it happen at any workstation they logon to?

What OS and SP level are you using?

Are their desktops loaded with files?

"Timothy" <Timothy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I'm having a problem with some of the roaming profiles in my domain.
When
certain users signon, their profiles slow the workstations down to a
crawl.
When most other users signon to the same workstation it runs to its
full
performance capabilities. I've given the affected users new profiles
and
this
will help for a while, but the problem returns.

.