Create a CA on Windows 2003 Question

Hi, not sure where to begin. On an Intranet we have where users enter
personal information. I wanted this to be secure over SSL, port 443,
https. Can't I create a certificate for this under Windows 2003
without purchasing something from a third party?

Any links on this process are appreciated.

Thank you for any help.

  • Re: RWW with no https
    ... I do not consider a:8080 a url that is appropriate for a SSL end user connection. ... So just so we are all clear, RWW HAS to go over HTTPS. ... Even if I do https but port 8080 would not matter ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Setting up HTTPS w/subdomain on Apache2
    ... Secure data transfer ... The docs recommended using SSL, ... I'm mistaken, HTTP w/SSL = HTTPS. ... Authentication would be basic or digest (Personally I'm using basic ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Setting up HTTPS w/subdomain on Apache2
    ... Secure data transfer ... The docs recommended using SSL, ... I'm mistaken, HTTP w/SSL = HTTPS. ... Authentication would be basic or digest (Personally I'm using basic ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: At What Point Does the Security Begin?
    ... All secure forms examine this variable, and if empty redirect to the ... all pages behind the login are posted through SSL. ... in which I understand .NET uses a cookie behind ... not secure (it's called at http, not https) but posts to a page ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Researcher demonstrates SSL attack
    ... Moxie Marlinspike, who spoke at the Black Hat security conference on Wednesday, explained how to subvert an SSL session by performing a man-in-the-middle attack. ... The anarchist researcher explained in a YouTube video that the attack uses a tool developed called SSLstrip, which exploits the interface between http and https sessions. ... Secure Sockets Layer, and its successor Transport Layer Security, are cryptographic protocols used to encrypt communications over TCP/IP networks. ...
    (alt.privacy)