Breaking partition on system disk

I took over a Win 2003 standard server (which an AD) and found that the
system hdd is partitioned in to drives "C:" and "D:" with only 3.9 GB space
on "C:". The free space available on drive "C:" is only 500 MB after
removing some unwanted programs. I want to Deploy WSUS which needs atleast
1 GB free on "C:" Drive.

On drive "D:" there is only some data which I can easily back up. Is it
possible to break the partion and make this a single partition HDD without
losing data on C: ?
If not how to backup the system partition, and restore on the disk after
breaking the partition?

Thanks in advance

Sharad

  • Re: un promo the DC
    ... Well, i would strongly recommend to NOT install SQL, WSUS, AntiVirus ... Thanks for the advice, i manage to increase the Drive C partition, by ... manager, antivirus console, WSUS, SQL server, .. ...
  • Re: Running out of space on system drive - need advice
    ... it will pick the partition ... Les Connor [SBS Community Member - SBS MVP] ... The SBS Dev team at Microsoft has put a new front end interface on WSUS ... The suggestions for moving data and Exchange were already noted. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Partition size
    ... The R2 WSUS database goes on the partition with the most space. ... Les Connor [SBS Community Member - SBS MVP] ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: partitions?
    ... my WSUS drive is using about 23 GB. ... the database, and the updates - everything the installer would let me locate ... Re partition sizes - I don't know what you mean by library. ... I also like a separate partition for user data (and 40GB for that seems ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Planung Partitionen fuer Exchange 2003 Installation
    ... >Datenbank bis zu 75 GByte groß ... Weiterhin soll der WSUS auf ... >Auch Partition C kommen der Windows Server/ SBS sowie die Exchange- ... Und da hier das Minimum bei SCSI schon bei 18 Gig liegt, ...
    (microsoft.public.de.exchange)