Server 2003 - No access to other subnet

Hi everyone,

Forgive me if this is considered trolling or OT but I believe this is a
simple question.

I have a 172.16.x.y network setup with two different subnets x. On
subnet #1 I just upgraded an IIS server from 2000 Server to 2003 (SP1)
Server. Every client on subnet #1 can access this fine.

However no one on subnet #2 can see the 2003 Server. Further, I can not
so much as ping any computer on subnet #2 from my 2003 Server setup
even though other computers on subnet #1 can. However I can ping other
sites like google.com and harvard.edu handily.

So it's not an IIS problem or a port blocking thing. Pinging isn't the
only thing; the 2003 Server won't recognize subnet #2 in any capacity.
Its subnet mask is 255.255.0.0.

My 2003 Server currently has no firewall and that service is even
turned off. Nothing in the security policy strikes me as limiting an IP
range. I've tried all I can think of or find on the web.

Any thoughts? Thanks!!

Josh (joshbolian@xxxxxxxxx)

  • Re: Ping reply through the same interface
    ... You are *not* supposed to have two nics in the same subnet unless they are ... If they are in the same subnet they will not work as you want. ... If the source of the Ping is not in the same subnet as the nic it pinged ... Routes leaving the server are determined by the Destination and how the ...
  • Re: can not ping hostnames of other subnet
    ... Thanks i can ping when i write hostnames but still i can not add member ... i can ping dns server with ip and hostname ... It can not find the domain name from other subnet so i can not add member ... > Anytime you are trying to ping by hostname, the name needs to be resolved ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.ras_routing)
  • Re: Intermittent Routing Problem
    ... We are moving to the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet. ... >the server to connect to the remote printer. ... subnets into the same network without the router, ... Can you ping the print server from a local PC on the local ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: RRAS ip routing and ISA
    ... I have an dual homed ISA 2006 enterprise server acting as an edge ... I would like to join another internal subnet, ... stand-alone server as a DHCP server as long as it is not on a subnet ...
  • Re: AD site replication links
    ... OK...to get back to normal...I would move one server at a time back to its ... correct site and ensure that replication is working before moving anymore. ... links, force a KCC check and a forced synchronisation, the whole thing is ... I have a location in Zurich with 1 DC (one subnet) ...