TS services terminated unexpectedly

I've posted this in the Terminal_services group, but have had no joy so
thought I'd drop it in here too:

I have a Win2K server with Terminal Services installed in Remote Admin mode.
In the last week or two, I have encountered problems connecting.
Investigating the Event log turned up an error with Event ID: 7031 from the
Service Control Manager stating "The Terminal Services service terminated
unexpectedly..."

This seemed to occur after disconnecting a session. I have configured the
service to restart if it falls over so I can usually persevere and reconnect
without having to trek to the server itself however I would like to know
what's causing this and how to fix it. The server runs SP4 and is fully
patched. It functions as a web & FTP server but isn't accessed by many
users. I can see no evidence of a virus or that the server has been
compromised by hackers.

Any suggestions warmly received.

Thanks,

Mark.

  • Re: IE cannot display webpage
    ... Joy wrote: ... server you are using. ... McCarty" wrote: ... off the firewall in McAfee Security Suite still leaves other ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Massive SMTP Outgoing traffic - Virus????
    ... but it might work on a server box. ... and an external for a 128Kb/s connection to internet ISP ... exchange and dont get sent. ... >1.Updated and checked all antivirus defns - no joy. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: IE cannot display webpage
    ... Joy wrote: ... server you are using. ... off the firewall in McAfee Security Suite still leaves other ... I've also tried deleting a couple of the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Help popping a web application
    ... the OS/Network/ or server system itself. ... Web tier: Web Server is IIS 5.0, ... URL rewrite for bypassing any login type criteria- no joy ... No information in the html code. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: WMP 11 upgrade - Digital media players will not see libraries!!!
    ... I can see it OK here, even though I've not applied the Roku firmware ... update which is currently showing on your device when it boots: ... Then I reboot my PC and none of them can see the server any more -- "no ... them all and re-enabling; no joy. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)