RE: Compaq AIT TAPE drive fail in Windows 2003 NTBackup

Hi again

I all ready have installed SP1, and all updates from Windowsupdate.
I have also updated the driver for my adaptec SCSI controller and controlled
that it is on the newest firmware.
I have installed the newest Tape driver, but can't find any firmware update
for my tape drive. I will try to contact Compaq on that one.

My ntbackup.exe is version "5.2.3790.1830" Is there a new version of that
one? If there is, where can I download it?

/Thomas

"lukesh" wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
> Try installing the latest drivers and firmware for the device for windows
> 2003. Make sure you have a new version of ntbackup.exe. You can try
> installing service pack 1 also. You can alsoi check out the following
> article. Let em know if you need further assistance.
>

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327559
>
> Lukesh
>

> "Thomas" wrote:
>
> > I get the following error message:
> >
> > "Failed to write a free media label on media 14 because an I/O error
> > occurred while writing the label"
> >
> > and
> >
> > "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Tape0"
> >
> > "lukesh" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Thomas,
> > > Could you please specify the errors?
> > >
> > > Lukesh

  • Re: Windows CD cant find my hard drives.
    ... Two of them are in a RAID 0 array. ... To quit setup without installing Windows XP, ... driver floppy, it offered a selection of drivers for the RAID. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Explorer slow to find drives after Cameras installed
    ... Knowing that svchost.exe was the bug, as WIA is started from this, I seached ... This post hinted at a conflict or driver error of a device. ... After installing this ... The registry has been restored to its previous state before cleaning ...
  • Re: No Sound on IBM ThinkPad T42
    ... The Control Panel for "Sounds and Audio Devices" shows no playback ... "Sound, video and game controllers": ... I figured that all I need to do is re-install my sound card driver. ... I'm not the only person having problems installing SoundMAX ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: No Sound on IBM ThinkPad T42
    ... Sound was working fine for the last year until a Windows ... The Control Panel for "Sounds and Audio Devices" shows no playback devices ... I figured that all I need to do is re-install my sound card driver. ... I'm not the only person having problems installing SoundMAX ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Webcam installation problem
    ... I did what you advised me to do apart from installing the driver that is not ... available (the link you provided is not the producer of the camera). ... My laptop was bought in Italy while I bought the camera in the UK but I ...