RRAS with Multicast and Unicast

Hello,

We are running Windows Server 2003 (standard) with RRAS and NAT installed.
Everything seems to work fine, all machines that are behind the server can
access the Internet, with just one exception. It seems not to be possible to
view streaming media on all ports other then 80. When clicking on a link to
a movie for example, there's an error message that says the server or
network is not available.

After passing some tests with our ISP, it seems that the router is blocking
the necessary ports for Unicast and Multicast broadcasts. How can this be
solved? In the RRAS MMC snap-in, there are 2 NIC's visible, the one for the
Internet and the other one for the LAN, where exactly can one add (or open)
ports for certain applications? I suppose it is on the Internet adapter that
this must be done, but I have no idea where exactly.

All help greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Perry

  • RE: remote access SBS 2003 Inop
    ... I removed and reran RRAS and CEICW, I only get one error and I will send you ... On the SBS 2003 Server open the Server Management console. ... Click the "Connect to the Internet" link. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Secure Remote access - windows 2003
    ... Simplest solution is to use DHCP for the RRAS dial-in users as well. ... Internet user is getting address 10.10.10.1. ... Under the Properties dialog for your server and in the IP tab you need to ... Host Configuration Protocol. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Partial solution
    ... Once RRAS is setup for internet sharing using NAT, I went into the IP tab of ... and clients can successfully access the internet. ... > This setup has worked fine so far: clients can access internet, DNS server ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.ras_routing)
  • Re: SBS2003 RRAS - client PCs cannot access Internet
    ... ISA2004 broke this SBS server so significantly. ... The Rmisa.exe file locates on the SBS 2003 PREMIUM CD ... SBS2003 RRAS - client PCs cannot access Internet ... I am fairly confident the problem is in the SBS2003 server RRAS ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS 2003 Single NIC firewall settings
    ... Then run the CEICW wizard from the Server management console ... > make a RAS VPN connection or access the company web site (which, ... > Internet and RRAS/VPN. ... > find where I go to open ports. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)