unable to install citrix.exe in Win XP (Error 1606)

I have Windows XP with SP2 (fresh install, not an upgrade). When I
try to install the
client program citrix.exe, I get the message "Error 1606. Could not
access network location \."
I have" \\." under Data for NetworkAddress and ServerNetworkAddress
in the following Registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\NameService.
Could this be the cause of the problem?
What should I do to correct this? I am grateful for any input.

Voychek

  • Re: Upgrade Time
    ... > doing a fresh install using the Windows XP Pro Upgrade. ... I also have a question about the file system. ... Both drives are using the FAT32 system that ME requires. ... > information that came with the upgrade states that I can convert to NTFS ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Upgrade Time
    ... > doing a fresh install using the Windows XP Pro Upgrade. ... I also have a question about the file system. ... > I would like to use the NTFS file system after I install XP Pro. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Move to 8.04, Hardy Heron
    ... I actually went so far as to click on the Upgrade button ... Did you install a custom kernel? ... the new kernel package (whether fresh install or upgrade). ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: OT follow up to LM98 with Windows 7
    ... Grahame Parish wrote: ... time if you are running an upgrade rather than a fresh install. ... or use the user account migration feature so ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: [SLE] 9.1 is sloooooowwww
    ... >> upgrade, not fresh install. ... After that the login process is much slower, ... >> Jim Flanagan ... > fresh install to an upgrade, but I installed 9.1 on a user's machine ...
    (SuSE)