Logon Server Unavailable

From: Mike (mrfaber_at_att.net)
Date: 12/20/04

Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:58:57 -0800

I have 2 win2000Pro computers on a seperate subnet that can no longer locate
a domain controller. They can logon with previously cached logons, and can
access all resources(shares, exchange) of the domain, but I cannot log on
any new users to the computer because it cannot authenticate them. I can
ping everywhere, and all can ping me. I do not have WINS, I have netbios
over tcp/ip enabled, and have a static ip address. Both DNS servers are in
seperate subnets from thses computers. I get NETLOGON event ID 5719 in the
system Log:

"No Windows NT or Windows 2000 Domain Controller is available for domain
MYDOMAIN. The following error occurred: There are currently no logon
servers available to serrvice the logon request."

Any help in troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem will be appreciated.

Mike