Logon Server Unavailable

From: Mike (mrfaber_at_att.net)
Date: 12/20/04

Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:58:57 -0800

I have 2 win2000Pro computers on a seperate subnet that can no longer locate
a domain controller. They can logon with previously cached logons, and can
access all resources(shares, exchange) of the domain, but I cannot log on
any new users to the computer because it cannot authenticate them. I can
ping everywhere, and all can ping me. I do not have WINS, I have netbios
over tcp/ip enabled, and have a static ip address. Both DNS servers are in
seperate subnets from thses computers. I get NETLOGON event ID 5719 in the
system Log:

"No Windows NT or Windows 2000 Domain Controller is available for domain
MYDOMAIN. The following error occurred: There are currently no logon
servers available to serrvice the logon request."

Any help in troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem will be appreciated.

Mike

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Custom rights
    ... By default any user can log onto a server other than domain controller. ... allow then to logon to a domain controller give them the logon locally user ... To add computers to the domain go to AD Users and Computers. ... > Look into AD delegation, though you may need to do some custom delegation. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Domain Password Security
    ... accounts need to use complex passwords and minimum of ntlmv2 should be used for lan ... Services Client and configuring authentication level on Domain Controller Security ... controllers if you have all W2K/XP computers. ... I also recommend you enable auditing of account logon and logon ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Domain Password Security
    ... Domain Controller Security ... >controllers if you have all W2K/XP computers. ... >administrator accounts only when needed to, ... account logon and logon ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Custom rights
    ... > By default any user can log onto a server other than domain controller. ... > allow then to logon to a domain controller give them the logon locally user ... > To add computers to the domain go to AD Users and Computers. ... >> Look into AD delegation, though you may need to do some custom delegation. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Logon Server Unavailable
    ... I have 2 win2000Pro computers on a seperate subnet that can no longer locate ... "No Windows NT or Windows 2000 Domain Controller is available for domain ... There are currently no logon ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)