Event ID 1812 Error NTDS Inter-Site Messaging

From: Monty (montysl_at_nospam.hotmail.com)
Date: 09/08/04

Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 09:43:01 -0500

I can find little on this. Seems to indicate a CERT issue and/or possibly
related to IPSec. I just changed some IPSec filters AND linked GP for the OU
in which this machine alone resides to the GP on another OU that containes
similar W2K3 servers. The differences are 1)This W2K3 Server has SQL
installed 2)It is a member server and not a Domain Controller 3)There is
another GP attached to this OU but was moved down on the list when the other
was linked. 4)This server has Sygate installed but it was before this event
appeared and was working fine. The other OU and it's identical IPSec
settings are working fine also.
Can there be a conflict of some type between the two GP's? Should I remove
the second?
Just not sure on this one......

Thanks in advance for any help.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ipsec with certificate authentication issue
    ... I added the offline ipsec cert template one my ... CA and installed one on both client and server. ... chose to download the .cer file for the CA's certificate and manually ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Questions (Rants?) About IPSEC
    ... > After reading up on IPSEC, I have one major question: ... as there is no post-decryption NAT protocol to ... Can only be done when using cert authentiaction. ... Every ipsec endpoint needs own private key + certificate + CA certificate, ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Questions (Rants?) About IPSEC
    ... > After reading up on IPSEC, I have one major question: ... as there is no post-decryption NAT protocol to ... Can only be done when using cert authentiaction. ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Questions (Rants?) About IPSEC
    ... > I dont understand what you mean here, ... what I'd like is to be able to query the router for the ... and automagically add those to the IPSEC ... > If you start a session, the remote party sends its cert. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)