User already exists

From: Jayesh Naithani (jayesh.naithani_at_lawson.com)
Date: 06/24/04

    Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 12:56:14 -0700

    I am trying to add a local user into the Administrators
    group - and I get the message "User <username> already is
    a member of "Administrators"" when I attempt to add the
    user to the group.

    However I do not see the user in the list of users within
    the Administrators group.

    I tried adding this user to the Users group, and I get the
    same error message.

    I am able to login as this user. I am using Windows 2003
    Server Standard Edition.

    What is the problem here?