User already exists

From: Jayesh Naithani (jayesh.naithani_at_lawson.com)
Date: 06/24/04

    Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 12:56:14 -0700

    I am trying to add a local user into the Administrators
    group - and I get the message "User <username> already is
    a member of "Administrators"" when I attempt to add the
    user to the group.

    However I do not see the user in the list of users within
    the Administrators group.

    I tried adding this user to the Users group, and I get the
    same error message.

    I am able to login as this user. I am using Windows 2003
    Server Standard Edition.

    What is the problem here?

    • Re: Strange Problem with Authentication Has anyone ever run across
      ... No General client problems. ... Some Drives Map the one on the Main DC does not but promps for username ... on the Share permissions Administrators Full Control, ... Anthony, http://www.airdesk.com ...
    • Re: cannot add local user to local group
      ... The local user account is "test" and a domain name ... Every user object, doesn't matter if domain account or local, has a specific ... member of the domain or the local user account. ... however once I add that user to Administrators ...
    • Re: cannot add local user to local group
      ... Every user object, doesn't matter if domain account or local, has a specific unique Security identifier. ... So you have to check if the account is member of the domain or the local user account. ... however once I add that user to Administrators ...
    • Access Denied Error
      ... Under the Member of tab there is my user name with Administrators Access. ... Why does my username not work which has Administrators ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
    • Re: admin
      ... next to hp admin it has my user name.. ... administrators group - do you see your username in it? ... Would that happen to be your username? ... You ask one of the people who is an administrator to change your account ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)