Abount DNS confioguration on Windoss 2003 Server

Hi ,

the scenario is :

- 1 MS DNS server autoritative for the zone "Myzone.com" that forwared the
other request to the other DNS (view under)
- 1 non MS DNS (unix bind9) autotitative for the zone "Otherzone.com"
- 300 client Windows XP

I must configure a MS DNS to resolve same record of zone "Otherzone.com"
(that i insert in to MS DNS) as local address but for the other address for
the same zone (Otherzone.com) must be forward to a non MS DNS that is
autoritative for this zone.

How i can do it ?

I ask to a unix sysadmin and his tell me that it's possibile in unix dns
with a "view" or with "create a zone as record" , can i make the same on my
MS DNS ?

I try to create ancother zone on MS DNS called "otherzone.com" but if a
client must be resolved another record non in this zone on MS DNS the MS DNs
not forward to a unix DNS. (becouse have the zoen and then are autoritative
for this zone ?)

Please help me.

Thanks to all.
--
---

  • Re: Only Forward DNS Requests for Specific IPs
    ... forwarding is currently off) to forward DNS requests only if the ... With the sole exeption that you can resolve on one/some NIC/IPs, ... same DNS server. ... all zones regardless of whether I am authoritative for that zone or not ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: Only Forward DNS Requests for Specific IPs
    ... forwarding is currently off) to forward DNS requests only if the request ... With the sole exeption that you can resolve on one/some NIC/IPs, ... same DNS server. ... all zones regardless of whether I am authoritative for that zone or not ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: Create a DNS-record
    ... It has to resolve to an IP address somewhere, ... with a DNS name without getting an IP address. ... If it does, right click in the microsoft.com zone, select new Alias, ... If you are wanting a redirection, so the when you enter www.microsoft.com ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: Ghost DNS record
    ... We have 3 zones, 1 AD integrated, 1 Secondary Internet domain zone, ... that server for starters. ... the servers were able resolve the name. ... Are you using WINS for DNS resolution? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: Dns Troubleshooting help
    ... DNS doesn't search through domains as you described. ... asking about is found locally on the server, either in its cache or in its ... authoritative server on the internet to resolve the query. ... Once you create a reverse zone, hosts will automatically update their PTR ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)