DNS Config in DC

This time I dont have any problems, but coming here slooking for an advice :)

I've 2 DC, both of them DNS servers also, with AD zones integrated. I´ve read that I should point the preferred dns server in each DC to itself, and the alternate to the other DC. But I think this causes the "preparing network connections" take too long, and there are some warnings in the log about DNS not resolving (which I think is due to the dns service still not started).
What is the "ideal" network config for DC being DNS servers also?

Thanks!!

  • NetworkManager and DHCP
    ... Interface eth0 is set to get an IP via DHCP, but I dont want it to get ... got the bits i needed (everything except DNS servers) like this.. ... NetworkManager running anyway, ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • NetworkManager and DHCP
    ... Interface eth0 is set to get an IP via DHCP, but I dont want it to get ... got the bits i needed (everything except DNS servers) like this.. ... NetworkManager running anyway, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: mysterious cable modem activity
    ... >>My firewall is down and I dont like it one bit. ... >>A distributed denial of service attack on website of firewall companies ... > Did you by any chance hardcode your DNS servers somewhere? ... Normally when my ISP's DNS server would fail I would start up BIND PE so I ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: DNS/Intranet Help
    ... > connecting to the internet without the DNS forwareders? ... Root hints - but I'd use your ISP's DNS servers. ... > websites that are visited listed, but i dont understand ... >> forwarders to your ISP's DNS servers for external resolution. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)
  • Re: Event 5504 when using root hints on Server 2008 R2
    ... DNS servers like Lloyds TSB's content DNS servers. ... The DNS protocol is massively insecure, ... Lloyds TSB has had to get its content DNS servers capable of at least ... I've been tempted, in recent months, to start a content DNS service ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)