Losing DNS records of AD server

From: Scott Schindler (scott_at_inteqrx.com)
Date: 03/31/04

Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 08:51:14 -0800

4 AD servers
All 4 are GC servers
The FSMO server's AD records keep dissapearing from DNS.

2 of the servers are scavening records hourly.

I don't think my FSMO server is sending periodic updates. If I restart netologon it repopulates the DNS DB, but then they dissapear. I haven't timed when they dissapear, but I assume scavenging.

I'm more concerned that the FSMO server isn't sending updates, even to itself, as it is the primary DNS server.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Help SMPT Errors
    ... FAIL Reverse DNS entries for MX records ERROR: The IP of one or more of your ... it may mean that your DNS servers did not respond fast enough). ... INFO NS records at parent servers Your NS records at the parent servers ... PASS Parent nameservers have your nameservers listed OK. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Windows 2000 logon process
    ... Paul Williams ... when clients are accessing the GPO stored in SYSVOL during logon. ... PW>> Sound's like - that's a combination of DNS and Dfs client pointing ... Global Catalogue servers? ...
  • Re: Replication issues
    ... I wanted to say Zone Transfers not Zone Forwarding. ... on 2 servers out of 4 DNS servers. ... DNS and 2003 DNS and how to set up Conditional Forwarding. ...
  • Re: Howto refresh IIS 6 Application pool identity credential info
    ... You already have 80% of the work setup (DNS Aliases and HostHeaders) on the ... domain accounts (one for each layer) should be sufficient. ... The Application Servers are load balanced clustered, ... as the account name and SPN alias is correctly defined on both nodes. ...
  • Re: ad and dns setup
    ... "Jorge Silva" wrote: ... domain It gave me 2 errors, no dns servers have dns records for this dc ... error no logon servers.. ... Make sure that the _msdcs zone exists and the scope is set ...