Re: All file shares offline

I have an identical problem. Once a week there is a lag of system, in broad
gullies it falls:

Event ID: 1055 Source: ClusSvc. Category: 2055
Cluster File Share resource 'Office' has failed a status check. The error
code is 64.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at...

Event ID: 1069 Source: ClusSvc. Category: Service

Cluster resource 'FS Office' failed.

====================================

It Is established Windows 2000 Server SP4, Symantec Antivirus 9 Corp.

"Jeff Hughes [MSFT]" wrote:

These failures are "almost" always indicative of a system resource issue.
Typically what we do is PerfMon the box and look for memory leaks (paged
pool, nonpaged pool, etc) leading up to the failure. If I had to speculate,
I'd lean towards antivirus software as that is the biggest leak culprit on
clusters from my experience.
--
Jeff Hughes, MCSE
Support Escalation Engineer

"Adam Baum" <dont@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
All,

For some reason all my shares went offline. In looking at the System log
and the cluster log, everything looks fine. Here's a sample from the
cluster log:
ERR File Share <Downtown>: Share has gone offline, Error=53 !

There are no errors before these offlines. All shares came back online
within 30 seconds. The other odd thing is that the cluster did not fail
over to the second node.

Here's some events from the System log:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: ClusSvc