Re: "There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper"???

From: John Toner [MVP] (jtoner_at_mvps.DIE.SPAM.DIE.org)
Date: 07/06/04

Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 09:23:51 -0400

Peter,

After running the first command (cluster node /force) that removes all of
the cluster settings from this node. If this is the last node in the
cluster, your cluster has just been totally wiped out.

The error you're getting in the second command is an RPC error which
basically means that this node cannot communicate with the cluster. For some
reason, the cluster was already on its way down...the evict command
shouldn't have had anything to do with the "crashing" of your cluster. In a
prior post, you were mentioning MNS, so it's possible that you lost the
majority when you issued the cluster node /force command.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards,
John

"Peter Steele" <psteele@z-force.com> wrote in message
> I used the cluster command to attempt to remove the first node of a
cluster,
> using this:
>
> cluster node mynode1 /force
>
> That much worked okay and the Cluster Administrator showed that the node
had
> been taken offline. It's resources had automatically been assumed but node
> 2. I then tried
>
> cluster node mynode1 /evict
>
> and got the error below:
>
> >cluster node clu1 /evict
> System error 1753 has occurred (0x000006d9).
> There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper.
>
> Shortly after this the cluster went offline completely and it doesn't look
> like it will recover by itself.
>
> Is it incorrect to remove the first node of a cluster? I assume not since
> the node could of course crash and another node would have to assume its
> role. So what happened here?

Relevant Pages

  • RE: [Maybe SPAM] Re: how to set time on the cluster nodes
    ... "scshutdown" command, rebooted in non-cluster mode & set the same time ... Subject: Re: how to set time on the cluster nodes ... Hi Sanjay, ... as an ntp server, you can use the ntpdate command... ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Help with MSDTC settings
    ... On both nodes, stop the MSDTC service. ... To do this, type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ... After the COM Cluster Wizard has finished running, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.clustering)
  • Re: Updating VGs that are part of a cluster
    ... Think the real issue was I accidentally put a -L in the "varyonvg" command ... Group Descriptor Areas of only the disks that are members of the same volume ... Then sync up cluster. ...
    (AIX-L)
  • Re: Under what conditions will evict hang?
    ... If you want remove a node from server cluster, ... Use /Stop command option, ... Windows 2000 node and try to evict a Windows Server 2003, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.clustering)
  • Re: Finding the Active Cluster Node
    ... > One option would be to use the cluster.exe command line utility ... Say my cluster name is MyCluster and I want to know the node name ... > Resource Group Node Status ... > Microsoft highly recommends that users with Internet access update their ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)