Re: How to restore Active directory in safe mode

"Raj2win" <Raj2win@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
HI

I got some problem with my SBS2008 server, i cant login to it with the
administrator login and also with any login.
i went through safemode and i can login with my admin login. I cannot see
any user and groups in the SBS console, if i try to add a user the error
is
"An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host." I cannot
add
any user.

I am using SBS as Domain controller in a virtual environment, where i have
two other windows 2008 standard running as application server. All the
users
connect through RDP with user credential provided by Domain.
I checked Active directory sites and services the error is "Naming
information cannot be located for the following reason. The server is not
operational."
Two other 2008 servers dosent run active directory.
I am using Xenserver.

I want to get back this DC.
I want to disable if any of the other servers is trying to disable SBS DC.
I can add users once again but i want to make this SBS as DC.
I cannot login normally i can go only through safe mode.
I cannot login through RDP, am using XENCENTER to manage the servers.

Please give a clear solution
Thank you

As suggested, you will be better off posting the SBS2008 forum, since SBS
has it's own nuances and specifics that are different then non-SBS servers.

However, from your description, it appears it could be a *simple* DNS issue.
However, you haven't provide any specific other than the symptoms. An
ipconfig /all for starters from the SBS would be very helpful.

I haven't used XENCENTER, however my feeling that it relies on the SBS DC's
health and configuration.

I would also suggest to try Paul's suggestions.

--
Ace

confers no rights.

Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for collaboration benefit among
responding engineers, and to help others benefit from your resolution.

Ace Fekay, MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange 2007, MCSE &
MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
Microsoft Certified Trainer
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

If you feel this is an urgent issue and require immediate assistance, please
contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check http://support.microsoft.com
for regional support phone numbers.

  • Re: Linux authentication via AD
    ... Primarily I need to integrate Linux ... servers, but I do have a few OpenBSD servers. ... > a way to do this under older AIX) allows people to login authenticating ... > text passwords authenticate to the Windows Password Server as well. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: One DC not logging in users when other is down
    ... Are the computers in a different IP Subnet, do you have the Active directory ... turning on other servers after it was up and running. ... login to the other servers they wouldnt login to the domain. ... second domain controller and everything was fine after it came up. ...
  • Re: Configuring RHEL servers to authenticate with Windows Server 2008Active Directory
    ... Seems like login to RHEL-servers don't work when the user is expected to ... Configuring RHEL servers to authenticate with Windows ... Configuring RHEL servers to authenticate with Windows Server ... I'm suspecting that maybe it's my nss_ldap attribute mappings that are ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Update site?
    ... The reason I needed to login from the same machine is - ... > Users by default are NOT allowed to logon to servers. ... You can change this in the Domain Security Policy I ... there open Domain Controller security policy. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Enable end-user access to CMS Groups - connectivity, programming
    ... Y is the same, only targeting two servers. ... wondering very simply, can I not open a CMS Group up to that Team, for this ... machines in the correct sub-groups. ... I did that under a SQL login, and I believe CMS is Windows Authentication ...