Need help removing duplicate SPN
- From: Gunnertac <Gunnertac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 13:59:01 -0800
I am getting Event ID 11 errors indicating a duplicate SPN for MSSQL Service.
I used the TechNete script queryspn and it appears that instead of having two
computers with the same SPN I have one user and one computer with the same
registered SPN. The entries I see are:
User Logon: SQLSA
Computer DNS: MYSERVER.MYDOMAIN.LOCAL
I have other SQL Servers that look identical to the computer entry that
don't have their MSSQL SPN duplicated in the User SQLSA so I'm guessing I
should delete the entry from the user using ADSIEDIT to clear the error. Is
that correct? I don't see two computers with that SPN.
While I'm here I have another question. We just upgraded a server from SQL
2005 STD to SQL 2008 ENT. Its MSSQL SPN entries are:
Computer DNS: MYSERVER2.MYDOMAIN.LOCAL
Is this server not creating a duplicate SPN error because one is appended
with :1443? I have other SQL servers and their entries all are appended with
:1443. They are all SQL 2005 boxes. Should I delete the appended SPN from AD
or should I leave it alone?
- Prev by Date: Re: NTDSUTIL Roles different than shown with LDIFDE
- Next by Date: Re: Cant remotely access DC event logs
- Previous by thread: Cannot run a batch file for logon/logoff
- Next by thread: Re: Need help removing duplicate SPN