Re: What are the risks of virtualizing DC's ?
- From: "Jorge Silva" <jorgesilva_pt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 22:33:29 +0100
There's no specific recommendation without knowing your environment. If you already read documentation regarding to this type of solution, I', sure that you already know the basic considerations and possible issues that you may encounter. Gather all info and analize it carefully before decide if you should or not to virtualize your DCs.
I hope that the information above helps you.
Have a Nice day.
MVP Directory Services
Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"JR" <JR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:13E1227B-68B9-4793-AA85-BE9CF5B3E034@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am planning the design of a new 2008 domain infrastructure. I will migrate.
my exisiting domain to it (24 DC’s, 2500 users). I will have one dedicated
forest root and one global domain (4 DC’s to start with). I am considering
virtualizing some or all of the DC’s. My question to you is do you recommend
virtualizing win 2008 Domain Controllers with Hyper V?
I have been reading pro’s and con’s to virtualizing DC’s. What do you
- Prev by Date: What are the risks of virtualizing DC's ?
- Next by Date: Re: What are the risks of virtualizing DC's ?
- Previous by thread: What are the risks of virtualizing DC's ?
- Next by thread: Re: What are the risks of virtualizing DC's ?