Re: What are the risks of virtualizing DC's ?

Hi
There's no specific recommendation without knowing your environment. If you already read documentation regarding to this type of solution, I', sure that you already know the basic considerations and possible issues that you may encounter. Gather all info and analize it carefully before decide if you should or not to virtualize your DCs.
--
I hope that the information above helps you.
Have a Nice day.

Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup

"JR" <JR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:13E1227B-68B9-4793-AA85-BE9CF5B3E034@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am planning the design of a new 2008 domain infrastructure. I will migrate
my exisiting domain to it (24 DC’s, 2500 users). I will have one dedicated
forest root and one global domain (4 DC’s to start with). I am considering
virtualizing some or all of the DC’s. My question to you is do you recommend
virtualizing win 2008 Domain Controllers with Hyper V?
I have been reading pro’s and con’s to virtualizing DC’s. What do you
experts recommend?

  • RE: What are the risks of virtualizing DCs ?
    ... In your post you also say you will have a dedicated forest root domain. ... My question to you is do you recommend ... virtualizing win 2008 Domain Controllers with Hyper V? ...
  • Re: Home Network, step by step?
    ... I would also recommend going with pf. ... documentation is fantastic, it can do a myriad of things and is ... > ipf and pf in FreeBSD - are now not so much firewalls, ... IPFW is much older and is somewhat less well maintained, ...
    (freebsd-newbies)
  • Re: Learning Code...Fast
    ... > software project that uses a nearly obsolete toolkit ... this is often an indication of poor quality. ... tools and techniques I'd recommend: ... you're going to need more than just documentation. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: A better find subroutine
    ... to do this and frankly thats why i'm posting in perl begginers:) ... I recommend just reading that module's documentation. ... For CPAN modules, ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: BufferedInputStream -- does not recommend "close()"?
    ... I had expected the constructor documentation to ... future to avoid resource leaks, ... The tutorial also does not recommend close: ... Why is it not recommended in the documentation nor the tutorial? ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)