Re: Filtering on a Security Group to Apply a Group policy

Tina - if that's the case, the security filtering should allow you to
accomplish what you need...

hth
Marcin

"TeeCee" <TeeCee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Yes, I am out of the box Active Directory administrator and I work in a
unique environment where our development team has so entwined Active
Directory into their applications that anything I do is more serious to
break
things than their doing things. This is the design. So, instead of
creating
an OU - I need to use the already created OU's to attach a new Group
Policy
to and make sure the Group Policy is only applied though to certain
computers
in this OU. And I do this by creating a security group and adding the
pc's
to that security group that I want to apply a small script to that it
won't
affect other parts of the OU objects?
tina

"Marcin" wrote:

Tina - refer to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc728301.aspx
Keep in mind that, regardless of security filtering, GPOs are linked to
containers in AD hierarchy (sites, domains, OUs) - not to groups...

hth
Marcin

"TeeCee" <TeeCee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Instead of applying a Group Policy to an OU, what is the proper way to
apply
it to just a security group of users or computers to ensure the policy
is
no
applied to any other computer or user. If you have a good article. I
am
reading about how to apply but does it really work without affecting
other
computers or users? This is because moving users or computers in and
out
of a
specific OU that has policy's attached to it causes custom applications
break that are tied into Active Directory.

tina

  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] Insecurity in Finnish parlament (computers)
    ... > It is unlikely that all the computers have the same security ... > (both in TeliaSonera and in our parlament). ... Red herring. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Basic Security Help
    ... a network is weak or no passwords followed by malicious user on your ... -- Use password policy to enforce strong passwords in the domain by enabling ... -- Be sure that computers are kept current of critical security updates from ... Windows Updates or using a SUS server to authorize and distribute security ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • RE: Why Easy To Use Software Is Putting You At Risk
    ... Can Easy To Use Software Also Be Secure ... Anyone who has been working with computers for a long time will have noticed ... because DNS does not configure properly or security permissions are relaxed ... guarantee that no one really knows for sure, not even Microsoft developers. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Is complete home security possible?
    ... > If you are a gamer, some computer games will only run in administrator ... I have a clean disk image made from Norton Ghost, ... security issues to deal with to do it monthly, ... I have been using computers since 76, never had a virus on any of my ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Why Easy To Use Software Is Putting You At Risk
    ... Anyone who has been working with computers for a long time will have noticed ... because DNS does not configure properly or security permissions are relaxed ... Is It Also Secure ... guarantee that no one really knows for sure, not even Microsoft developers. ...
    (Security-Basics)