Re: Setting as Preferred DNS on a Domain Controller

Officially it is not the best practice.

Unofficially it works just fine everytime I have tried it.

Someone commented that it would be immune to some degree to IP related
problems because would always point to itself no matter
what,...and I agree with that.

But "officially" it is not considered best practice,...but I don't know why.

Phillip Windell

"Kent" <Kent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I would like to check whether setting as Preferred DNS on a
Controller is a best practice? The server is built as a Domain Controller
DNS server. By default, once dcpromo has been completed with auto
DNS function, the default Preferred DNS is set to

So i would assume this is a best practice from Microsoft or it's best to
configure the real IP of the DC as preferred DNS?